Call for entries for the 18th edition of Al Ard Film Festival is finally open!
Associazione Amicizia Sardegna Palestina is pleased to present the 18th edition of Al Ard Film Festival — an event that has been supporting filmmakers who shine a light on the Palestinian issue and the Arab world through their films for eighteen years now.
How does it work?
This eighteenth edition, films must be submitted in 3 different sections:
- Al Ard Classic: Section dedicated to all the documentaries, of any duration, from anywhere in the world.
- Echo of the Camp: Section dedicated to short films (max 20 min) both fiction and documentaries produced by young filmmakers (up to 30 years old) from Palestinian refugee camps, whose films tell stories about life in the camps in Palestine but also in Jordan, Syria or Lebanon.
- Handala: Section dedicated to experimental and/or animated films of any duration. This section is named after the most famous character of the Palestinian artist Naji al-Ali, Handala.
Here are all the 18th edition Awards and Prizes:
- Al Ard Award (best documentary of the Festival, awarded by the Jury), euro 1000;
- Palestine Award (best documentary about Palestine, awarded by the Jury), euro 1000;
- Emerging Director Award (awarded by the Jury), euro 1000;
- Audience Award (awarded by the audience), euro 500;
- Sardegna Palestina Award (awarded by the Selection Board), euro 500;
- Echo of the Camp Award (awarded by the Selection Board), euro 500;
- Handala Award (awarded by the Selection Board), euro 500.
We welcome films from all over the world, so hurry up!
Do not miss the opportunity to participate in this 18th Edition of Al Ard Film Festival, one of the most popular Arab film festivals in Southern Europe!
The submission period for #AlArdXVIII is now open, and submissions should be received by October 31, 2021, 11:59 PM (GMT+1).
SUBMIT YOUR FILM NOW!
Don't miss out on any Al Ard news, updates and announcements,
follow us On Facebook » On Instagram » On Twitter.